Website Writing Guide
When presenting quotations:
- Use single quotation marks for quotations.
- Within a quotation use double quotation marks.
- Indent quotations of more than forty words and separate from the text by a double space.
- Cite where the quotation comes from and who said or wrote it.
- If appropriate, provide a hyperlink to the Web page from where the quotation came.
- Always preserve the spelling, grammar and punctuation of the original even if it contains errors.
Other topics in this section
Home Guide | Basic punctuation rules | Lists - bullets, numbers, hyperlinks | Capitals |
Hyphens | Abbreviations | Web page addresses | Italics | Quotations | Numbers |
Dates and times | Citing references |